Tuesday, March 30, 2010

1901 Art Show

I'm a bit tardy on posting about my first gallery show. The day job has been a bit hectic and I had lots of socializing to do afterwards--my birthday & boyfriend's family gatherings. I've also been feeling ill lately--not sure what it's all about, but I'd like to get over it soon. Anyway...
The first thing anyone asks if I sold anything. I did sell a copy of my Fetish Paper Dolls! That always brings a huge smile to my face. I didn't sell any paintings, but received some great praise (from strangers and friends alike). Merely, I was happy and honoured to be there, and to be showing with some amazing talent!
I also felt extremely happy that some of my friends showed up, and not only that, but they purchased from other artists! It was a fabulous time, great entertainment (live performances), comrades, art...I could not have asked for a better first show!
Here is a picture of me with my work (taken by Vine):


I'm selling the four small paintings on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Eraserhappy
and here is a close up of the large acrylic


I have a fascination with dead animals, especially birds. I keep a photographic journal of road kill or deceased animals/insects I find lying about. Two of the small paintings (Pigeon & Nevermore) are based on some pictures I've taken. The other two (Goliath & Golden Orb Weaver) are based on two spiders, the paintings are named after them, that have been known to kill & consume birds. The large acrylic was just some idea I had floating around. It's a skinless part woman, part vulture that is not only consuming her own flesh but is feeding the young skeleton ducks that are her company in this deep sewer-esque underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment