Saturday, February 6, 2010

Buried Alive

Lately I’ve been feeling artistically blocked and I am never sure how to adjust. It isn’t that I don’t have ideas or that I don’t have anything to work on; it’s that I have no desire. Anything I have been working on seems to take all day and I have little to show for what I’ve been doing. I don’t know if it’s because I’m a tad depressed–there are many personal factors as to why I am feeling down. I’m not trying to be a downer or self-pitying, but sometimes you just get into that kind of funk and it’s difficult to dig yourself out.

So, with all of that being said, I’m wondering how you get motivated? What steps do you take to inspire your inner self and quiet the negative voices?

Here’s a small list of my inspirations:

One thing I find relaxing is cooking. It takes alot of work and time, but it’s something artful and, in the end, others get to enjoy it as well.

People watching has always been a source of inspiration for me. However, I don’t do this as much in the colder seasons due to my bad circulation, but I’m going to try to work on that.

Batman. Anything related to Batman makes me extremely happy, thus creating a positive environment in my brain cave.

Looking through magazines or on-line pictures of fashion and/or interesting art in various mediums. However, I get carried away and end up wasting my whole day goggling at pretty things instead of creating them!

Peacocks. I know that peacock decoration/art is extremely popular right now, and I hate to be one of those people that says they liked something before it was trendy, but…..

Anatomy and medical anomaly books.

Hardware stores.

There’s more to this list, but I think that’ll do for now. I want to know some of yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment