Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It’s Off to the Printing Press Boys….Or is It?!






For the past few months I have been debating about making prints of my serious photography. I’ve signed up to sites like Shutterfly, Kodak, and Snapfish. However I’m not at all versed in print purchasing. Should I get matte or glossy? Should I get the white border or leave it as is? If I decide to try to sell my photography should I frame it or should I make a portfolio for people to leaf through or both? I would love to order my photos as postcards–those seem to sell pretty well, but then I’m worried it will look like I’m merely selling a photograph I got developed at the Walgreens.

With all of that being said would it be worth it to sell my photography? I am by no means a professional. I am a dabbler who is inspired once in a while by certain things. I try to practice with composition and lighting–which I know a bit about through drawing. Let’s face it, prints are not that pricey to make and I would order 1-2 of each to test the waters. For me it’s difficult to discern if my photos are good enough–especially since I have only seen them on the computer. Since I’ve started using a digital camera I don’t have any physical copies.

So, I’m reaching out to you. Here are some pictures that I’ve considered making into prints for purchase. Please let me know your opinion (are these good enough for prints/postcards, etc? Maybe with more practice I could get print worthy photos–so hold off until I improve? Stick with my night job?)

No comments:

Post a Comment